Howard Fischer DVM, DACVS
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Residency, All Care Animal Referral Center, Fountain Valley, CA
- Clinical rotation, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Ross University, St. Kitt’s West Indies
- Bachelor of Science, Animal Science/Pre-Vet, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, CA
Best part of my job:
Being able to help not only my pet patients but their humans as well! I also really value my partnerships with general practice veterinarians. I worked in general private practice for 10 years prior to doing my surgical residency so that has given me some great insight into how to make those relationships most beneficial to the pets and the medical team involved in their care.
I have a special interest in minimally invasive surgery and have extensive training in this area. Some of these procedures that I perform include Cystoscopy for urinary calculi removal or bladder mass removal or biopsy, liver biopsy, Gastropexy, Ovariectomy, and a variety of thoracic procedures.
One thing people may not know about me:
If I had to choose a different profession, I would be a Coast Guard helicopter pilot.
What you’ll find me doing in my free time:
You’ll find me with my rescue dog, Dexter, enjoying a wide variety of outdoor activities including scuba diving, hiking, paddleboarding and kiteboarding.